ABHL Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rookie's thoughts

3 posters

Go down

Rookie's thoughts Empty Rookie's thoughts

Post  AlwaysWong31 Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:29 pm

Wow the first games are now out of the way, no time to be nervous anymore. Thank you to Felix and all the players for being super nice and supportive. I wanted to start this topic off with some rookie questions, thoughts and or observations and maybe your thought on them or explainations.
1. Play is blown dead regardless of zone when there is a hand pass.
2. Is there a crease? as a goalie I love my crease, its my home, if i didn't invite you get out. lol
3. Whats the rule after a goal? Can you shoot on net immediately? You have to give half until the other team passes center?

have fun everyone!

AlwaysWong31

Back to top Go down

Rookie's thoughts Empty week 2

Post  AlwaysWong31 Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:11 am

hey everyone.
so here are more thoughts as week 2 finishes up.
1. after just 4 games and trade talks are already going, iam just learning the names of my teammates and now one or 2 guys might be traded. time to look at a cap increase? this year? next year?
2. no crease, players crash the net. not cool. i don't mind screens i don't mind traffic, i do mind you standing on my toes and sitting on my pads. tape a crease? refs call?

any thoughts players? Goalies?

AlwaysWong31

Back to top Go down

Rookie's thoughts Empty Re: Rookie's thoughts

Post  Ca$h Only GM Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:31 pm

1. after just 4 games and trade talks are already going, iam just learning the names of my teammates and now one or 2 guys might be traded. time to look at a cap increase? this year? next year?

alwayswong31 for all you know you could be the one traded hahhaha. You are playing for CG and im pretty sure they have high tendency of trading during the season.
you can forget the increase in cap, its only done at the beginning of the season and pretty fair and discussed between GMs. We have flirted with idea of shipping dollars between teams, but nothing concrete
don't look at it as a bad thing, this allows new players to play with other teams and their friends. its allows for more amusement in the league. Cant wait till i get a text to know i got traded

2. no crease, players crash the net. not cool. i don't mind screens i don't mind traffic, i do mind you standing on my toes and sitting on my pads. tape a crease? refs call?
i have ref many games.
We as a league have tried using tape it doesn't stay, once someone slide and step on the tape it get ruined. So we stop waste our money on tape.
Crashing/Stepping in the crease is hard too call. Especially when their so much action happen around the net. For me to watch your crease consistently, i would miss possible penalties, I could miss the assist or goal scored, etc. Its something the league need too fix. I would recommend more refs, but people are lazy and the floor so crowed already.

Ca$h Only GM

Back to top Go down

Post  fae10 Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:58 pm

way to put it Cash Only GM.

We have been doing this for almost 5 years now. the early stages we tweaked a lot of the mini flaws and holes to come up with the product and league we have today. The fun in the league is the opportunity to play with and get to know a variety of players. It isnt all business and building a dynasty to keep from the beginning to the end. One thing the ABHL prides it self on is the parity of the league, on any given Saturday morning team A can beat team B. So to answer your question about the salary cap increasing, this has been discussed over many hours of meetings.

The crease concern is valid, but as the CO GM mentioned we have already attempted a taped crease, but it comes off after a few plays. The refs will try to curb any crease invasion, but without more willing and committed refs this will be difficult to do.

The hand pass rule was implemented as its such a small gym and really you can be on the offense at any point in the game. So to curb any confusion of if your in the o zone or d zone we said any hand pass is not allowed.

the rule after a goal is no slap shots which in turn reduces the chicken shots going back and forth. once the ball is cleared behind the back of the line it is fair game to rush. if the defensive team wants to celebrate they can in turn be punished for the lack of focus. but if the team that just got scored on chooses to gather themselves the defending team must give them half.

We always appreciate the concern and suggestions to making the league better.
I hope I have answerd you questions.

-Felix

fae10
Admin

Back to top Go down

Rookie's thoughts Empty Week 3

Post  AlwaysWong31 Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:13 am

Survived the first week of trades, sad to see teammates go and happy to welcome new ones. now on to some thoughts...
1. first off thank you to the GMs for all their hard work with the first trades of the season.
2. also another thanks to the video staff, i love the highlights and clips for each game
3. I appreciate it when the ref/timkeeper yells out the time left in the game instead of having the players ask for it.
4. hey thanks for the replys from Cash Only GM and Chain Gang GM for taking the time to reply to my qustions and comments.
5. i guess my only question this week is do teams have time outs? like even a 30 second timeout, and if not why not? think it would change the game?

if anyone wants to add a comment please do, let me know what you think

AlwaysWong31

Back to top Go down

Post  fae10 Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:14 pm

good point Terry, we have discussed it in the past and actualyl have reopened the discussion for one being allowed per team. The only trouble we had is the tight time slots we already over run pretty much every week. a one min timeout ends up being 2 mins of real stop time. so 12 teams x 2 mins would lead to an extra half an hour.
But we may shorten the game time to do this.

a timeout would be great for strategy, goalie breaks and variety of other things though.

we will keep you posted on what the outcome of this.

fae10
Admin

Back to top Go down

Rookie's thoughts Empty week 4

Post  AlwaysWong31 Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:22 am

late postings for week 4, but its still before tomorows games so i don't feel bad, lol.
let's get started
1. golo mein is awesome, i would love to have them back one more time this season, as i am sure others would to. Think Abhl can make that happen? we can put in an order and have them come there no?
2. Olympics are coming soon, can't wait to play in it and get to know more players from this awesome league.
3. I really wanted to make/create a Jersey for my first team, but was told not to as trades happen through out the season and no one is safe. I guess i could always just make 5 different jerseys?

well that's it. Thanks again to fae10 for talking about the timeout idea. let me know what you think Abhl players.

AlwaysWong31

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum