ABHL Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This and next week forecast: trades!?

5 posters

Go down

This and next week forecast: trades!? Empty This and next week forecast: trades!?

Post  johnlu Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:54 pm

Many general managers and players have been anxious, when will the first trade occur? Will my team be involved? Will it be me? When it comes down to it, there's no absolutely no shame in getting traded. General Managers in this league have been given a salary cap, and all teams must be under the cap. If a team is above the cap, they will get penalized. The cap isn't high, as the league was designed to enforce trading and player movement. Ultimately team A should have a fighting chance vs team F and so on. After week 2's results, the following is a list of what each team will be looking for to improve their teams in the near future.

Chain Gang is sitting comfortably at first place. With all wins and no loses, this has sky rocketed the salary of this team to just the edge of the cap. Chain Gang is showing no signs of slowing down, and will be forced to make a move very soon. All names have been thrown out there as there have been a lot of interest for every single player on the Chain Gang Roster. Chain Gang's goal will be to lower their salary, and indeed lose some depth in their team. This will be inevitable. The question will be who will they look to as a trading partner? Chain Gang currently has no weak links, but sooner or later a chain will rust, and with rust the chain must be replaced. The same goes for this team. I have spoken to the GM of Chain Gang and have made some analysis myself. Chain Gang will most likely be looking to trade a minimum of 2 players in their first trade. This is because by trading only one player, it wouldn't save Chain Gang much room below the cap, unless they give up a lot for a little in which I do not see that happening. If only one player is traded, do expect Chain Gang to look for another trade right after. What has been difficult for this GM that the team has bonded well. And relationships with each other are stronger than ever. With each link of the chain united they are strong, apart they are not. This will be possibly the toughest decision to date for Chain Gang. but for Chain Gang fans, I wouldn't recommend buying any jerseys in the next couple of weeks of your favorite Chain Gang players as anyone, and I mean anyone is fair game! There have been rumors building that Chain Gang has been speaking with Cash Only, Shockers, Flying Tigers and SHJB.

Roosters sit in second place with Cash Only and SHJB on their tail. Rooster has the second highest cap hit in the league and may be one of the next teams to make a move. Rooster, a team that is built to be physical and wear out other opponents, will be looking to keep their identity. This means that they will be looking at a trade that they can bring back a player(s) that can bring the same intensity that the whole Rooster team currently does. Players who fit the Rooster playing style will be what GM PChan will be out to look for. The most hated team and bullies of the ABHL, as voted by ABHL players, are a mirror image of the Flyers of the NHL. Mean tough and always getting under everyone's skin, including the referees. Roosters is managed by possibly one of the tougher General Managers in this Era. A manager so proud of his team that he may be one of the most difficult to negotiate with. Do look for Rooster to eventually make a move in the next 4-5 weeks. The GM has grown a tight and open relationship with his top few players, but the bottom few, maybe not so much. Expect this GM to not move any of his core players at all, but instead the bottom half of the Rooster talent will be up for grabs when the time comes. Rumors indicate that Roosters have been speaker with SHJB, Flying Tigers and Shockers.

The Slammer Hammer Jammer Bammers have been called a team in the rebuild. With the team demolishing Cash Only in week 2 13-5, you won't hear the words 'SHJB' and 'Rebuild' in the same sentence anymore. SHJB is a team that scores the most goals in the league with 28 goals in 4 games. That's 7 goals per game they are averaging. Goalies fear them, and so does everyone else. While it won't be a surprise, SHJB will eventually be looking at the market for better defensemen. Though SHJB has the highest goals for, they also have one of the highest goals allowed. SHJB is built on speed, quickness and offense. GM Daniel Mah will either trade for more offense with the game plan of outscoring every team they face, or balance the team out with acquiring stronger defenders. This general manager will not be forced to make a trade anytime soon as he has saved his team 1 million dollars in cap space before the season even began by dropping down in the draft and risking no other GM's drafting the players on SHJB's radar. SHJB drafted family first in this draft. Deep words from the GM's mouth after the draft were: "No matter the score, as long as I got family, I win!" So don't expect GM Mah to be shopping around top scorer Keith Mah, or tough guy Steve Wong. Expect minor moves to be made to tweak their lineup for the future onslaught that is to come when SHJB goes into week 3. SHJB doesn't have any weaknesses either, and has a strong and deep lineup of players. From SHJB's strong drafting, they were able to acquire some gems. But how important will these gems be when push comes to shove. Will SHJB stick with family? Or will these keep the gems? Rumours have been circulating around SHJB's trade talks with Chain Gang, Cash Only, Flying Tigers and Roosters.

A team that will make a trade before week 3 is Cash Only. Cash Only has been cornered into a position that no general managers can be comfortable with. Losing star forward Ryan Ho to IR from a dislocated shoulder that will possibly end his season, Cash Only also lost Mr. Richard Tang to a severe ankle injury. Simply put, Cash Only will not be strong enough to compete with other teams if the general manager doesn't act quick to help add impact players to his team. Cash Only is built top heavy, with possibly the most athletic goalie in the league. I expect only a few options for this Cash Only team. Cash Only may be forced to move a bigger name for some depth. As the statistics show, Cash Only's success surrounds their top players and how well they do. Soon teams will focus their defense on those top players and leave Cash Only in hopes that their lower paid players can step up to fill the void. In four games that has not happened, maybe in the 5th and 6th games? I wouldn't count on it. Do expect the GM to be wise a get some depth in a trade. After the trade, this would create some more cap room in which the GM will eventually sign a player from free agency. Rumors surrounding the possible acquisition of Clarence Chai have been tossed around. But GM of Cash Only has denied those rumors. GM Ryan Ho will have the chance to rebuild his team, and give it a new face and a different style of playing. Relying on all players of the team instead of solely the stars. Will this be done? Some think it will if the right offers comes a long. Rumors indicate that there have been many talks between Cash Only and Chain Gang and SHJB.

Shockers is a team that has won their first game in week 2. Shockers is built with a lot of unknowns as well. With their main two franchise players carrying the team. Defense is what Shockers will be looking to acquire as they are lacking a stay at home shut down d-man. Starting goaltender of the Shockers has returned and should help lower the GAA for the team. If shockers intend to squeeze into the top 4 spot, a move is imminent. Though GM of Shockers is very stubborn and is also known to be a GM that is difficult to negotiate with, no trades may be made until it is absolutely necessary. GM Hon Yee 100% believes that his team will make the post season, but do the players believe? In my opinion, Shockers need help. They need a new voice in the locker room. They need more structure. They need an identity. Shockers have been having small talks with Chain Gang and Roosters. But don't expect any trades coming soon for this team.

Flying Tigers with zero wins, 4 losses, and their best player injured is in absolute need of help. Flying Tigers have been rumored to be looking into the free agent market for this help. The weakness I see in the Tigers is that they are not deep enough. A giving up one of their stronger players for some depth can help them immensely. Because of the lack of depth, it may force their franchise players to log more minutes which may deteriorate their performance. Though defense is something TaSN have been told that they are seeking, they can also use some offense. Most goals are scored by their star players, with no help from the rest of the team. Having another offensive threat can't hurt. The Flying Tigers have been evaluating their options, and I expect them to make a move if week 3 doesn't go the way they want it to. Rumors have it that Tigers have been speaking to SHJB, Roosters and Chain Gang.

This is John Lu reporting, TaSN, Edmonton.
johnlu
johnlu

Back to top Go down

This and next week forecast: trades!? Empty Re: This and next week forecast: trades!?

Post  Dano Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:54 am

oh wow, nice read!

Dano

Back to top Go down

This and next week forecast: trades!? Empty Re: This and next week forecast: trades!?

Post  luong Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:16 pm

Where are the names?
names and previously rejected offers?

luong

Back to top Go down

Post  Koolfumble Kelly Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:15 pm

Dont be lazy man, write a longer more in-depth writeup next time lol !! obviously just kidding, Agreed with Luong, Names would be sha-weet to see even if its our own!

Koolfumble Kelly

Back to top Go down

Post  fae10 Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:30 pm

Haha chain gang is all over the rumors. Not good for our team chemistry. Damn john lu. Great read though

fae10
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down